Monday, March 5, 2012

Culture


In the last class we learn several different concepts of culture, before this class I thought that culture was just customs, and beliefs that distinguished one group of people from one another but its much more than that. In class we learn about Subculture and Counterculture which both distinguished culture, Both of this culture identify themselves through their differences to the dominant culture. We also talk about the 6 elements of culture which are material culture, symbols, language, rituals, norms and values.We talk about heterosexual culture as it has the power in the world. people who are married have many advantages that single people may not have. I really enjoy this topic because I Love learning about different culture and diversity.


I really enjoy this sociology class because its definitely expanding my knowledge in each class I Learn more and more about different topics. =)     


No comments:

Post a Comment